Nautical

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 2...Still smiling...

So yesterday was my first day and it went well. Today was even better. Although it was only my second day there I have already learned so much. There are already students that call out my name and tell me hello. My team leader is a very experienced teacher and she happens to be the current Teacher of the Year. I think that is so amazing that I get the chance to learn directly from someone like her. We have already "clicked" and we have discovered that we work well together. We were able to get a lot of work done today and tomorrow I get to start following my new schedule. I am replacing a teacher who has been promoted to Curriculum Coordinator so I have a ready made classroom. I will only be making a few changes but that is it. She is sharing ALL of her stuff with me (she has taught over 15 years so I know there are a lot of cool things that I will discover in her cache of things). We have also "clicked" and we have a similar personality and work ethic. I am truly honored to be working with my new Principal, Curriculum Coordinator, and Team Leader. They are all strong, positive women that I can look up to and learn tons from.
Tomorrow is the first day of classes for the Spring 2012 semester of grad school. I am not looking forward to those long Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Oh yeah, did I mention that I am still packing for the move....

No comments:

Post a Comment