Nautical

Monday, June 27, 2011

The Book Whisperer Read Along

As a beginning teacher I hungrily search for advice and guidance from those who have been in the teaching profession longer than myself. This has led me to turn to teacher blogs and I must say that this has become a new hobby of mine. There are so many great, experienced teachers out there who take time out of their busy schedules to blog about what they are doing and I am one of the people who greatly appreciates this. Through blog stalking, I have stumbled upon this summer read along that is being hosted by several teachers. The chosen book is The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller. After reading Chapter 1 I felt like the book was speaking directly to me and about me. I am so ready to learn everything that this book has to offer in terms of setting up my reading program for my own students. I could barely put the book down. Chapter 1 is littered with highlighting and post its.

NOTABLE QUOTES
  "Reading changes your life."
 "...my job as a teacher to equip the travelers, teach them how to read a map, and show them what to do when they get lost, but ultimately, the journey is theirs alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment